Donate Books | Volunteer | Book Drive | Events | Bookstore | IBP Store
IBP accepts donations of many types of books. You can donate books by dropping them off Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm, at the IBP warehouse located at 1440 Delaware Avenue, Lexington, KY 40505. Click here for directions.
If you wish to ship books to IBP, download the PDF packing slip for instructions.
All donated books must be in excellent condition. Please do not donate books that have:
- Broken bindings
- Torn or missing pages
- Excessive underlining or highlighting
- Yellowed pages
Types of Books Most Needed
- Books for native speakers of Spanish and French
- English grammar
- Science texts (K-University)
- Math texts (K-University)
- Dictionaries and picture dictionaries
- Medical Texts
- Agriculture and Animal Science texts
- Vocational books (plumbing, electrical wiring, carpentry)
- Children's library books (picture story and chapter books)
- Encyclopedias newer than 1990
IBP Does NOT Accept
- Journals (except JAMA and the New England Journal of Medicine)
- Encyclopedias older than 1990
- Textbooks more than 10 years old (except agriculture books)
Send or Sell
Each book that is donated to IBP is sorted for its appropriateness to send overseas. If a book is not appropriate or requested, it will be sold in our thrift bookstore to help raise shipping funds for requested books.
For questions about donating books, please contact Tracy Taylor at 859-254-6771 or email@example.com.